Disciplined and determined, Paynter Dixon oversaw the rapid eight-week fit out of a new Service NSW Centre in the bustling Stockland Merrylands shopping centre.
Our team coordinated works and incumbent contractors within a tightly-controlled program. Works involved:
- construction of the new shopfront
- installation of the new tenancy services, including electrical, hydraulic, security, and data network
- coordination of the incumbent services contractors, including fire and mechanical
- installation of new internal partitions, including ceilings, doors, custom joinery, floor finishes, signage, wall finishes, and custom lighting in accordance with Service NSW lighting design
- placement of furniture and fixtures within days of completion.
To expedite the fit out, a design alteration enabled the time-saving installation of ceiling grids and floor-to-ceiling walls. Supply chain delays also prompted the team to explore alternative materials, including floor finishes. A recommendation to use porcelain tiles in lieu of terrazzo also provided a cost saving.
To meet the tight program, all material orders were placed on award of the contract and site possession.
With the site opening into the common mall area, our team managed the complexities of an occupied environment including access and staging of works. Notably, all materials handling and noisy works occurred outside of shopping centre operating hours.
Overcoming structural constraints, more than 60 penetrations of the underlying concrete slab were required to accommodate the reticulation of electrical services for power, data and security.
This detailed process involved scanning of the post-tensioned slab to avoid drilling into tendons which would compromise the slab.
Our team worked 18 hour days in parts to ensure the fit out was completed on time and budget.