The origin of Paynter Dixon extends from the early federation of Australia with the founding of Ces Paynter’s Joinery works in Sydney in 1914. Through the 1920’s and 1930’s the firm established a strong reputation as a creator of quality buildings, completed with Paynter Dixon’s “in house” team of artisans, masons and joiners.
Paynter Dixon revolutionised the building industry in the late 1940’s when we were the first to introduce the concept of incorporating all the disciplines of a building project into one competitive and cost-effective contract, in effect managing the project from the initial design through to completion. The Design and Construct system was almost immediately adopted by the marketplace as a solution of the problems associated with controlling the time, quality and cost of building.
Company milestones include the innovative design and construction of Australia’s first leading shipping container terminals. Paynter Dixon also pioneered in several key commercial areas including the design and construction of research laboratories, pharmaceutical warehousing, refrigerated transport and warehousing and the building of specialised docks and integrated weighbridges.
Further the innovative design of the Forster Tuncurry Memorial Services Club in 1971 changed the face of Australian clubs forever and to date Paynter Dixon has renovated and expanded numerous clubs nationally together with various new clubs and associated facilties.
In the 1990's Paynter Dixon created it's facilities management business and aged care services, and since 2000, Paynter Dixon's development management and sustainable futures businesses have been established.
Today, and in the years ahead, with the specialised design and building expertise and quality workmanship that has been its trademark for almost a century, Paynter Dixon remains firmly committed to providing clients with innovative, state-of-the-art and cost effective solutions across several industry areas and across the eastern states of Australia.